Position: Senior Clerk General Administration
Task Grade: T06
Department: Asset Creation - Programme Management
Operating Business / Division: Distribution
Business Area / Division: Northern Cape Operating Unit
Geographical Area: Kimberley
Reference Number: MH49023188
Closing Date: 21 January 2013
- Grade 12
- 2-3 Years related experience
Skills and Competencies
- Computer literacy with relevant approved packages
- Sound Interpersonal skills
- Customer interface training
- Administrative skills
- Time Management
- Provide Secretarial And Administrative Support Service to the Manager and section by:
- Optimising different applications to produce documents of varying degrees of complexity to conform to recognised standards and formats as laid down in Eskom's instruction manual.
- Organising and arranging functions, meetings and conferences as required.
- Acting as hostess, when receiving visitors and customers.
- Preparing presentation material and providing background material on request.
- Taking minutes at meetings.
- Responding to telephone calls which require general routine answers.
- Controlling the flow of work in the absence of the Manager by directing requests to the appropriate departments and providing the Manager with feedback.
- Provides a one -stop customer/client service by:
- Handling customer/clients complaints and ensures that the complaints are handled through proper channels for speedy resolution.
- Noting, monitoring and taking care of customer complaints and requests.
- Performs basic first line public relations activities.
- Provides a general office administrative function by:
- Administering a complete filing system
- Completing daily labour reports
- Administering S & T claims, Local Purchase Orders and petty cash
- Administering scheme vehicles
- Administering the stationary requirements for the office
- Administering Insurance Claims
- Coordinating training schedules
- Capturing Activity Based Costing.
- Maintains a library service by:
- Upkeeping of all relevant Standards / Policies / Directives / Procedures / Guidelines for the Section / Department
- Ordering and buying of books, magazines and extracts
- Ensuring that a valid database with relevant information is available, properly indexed and updated
- Searching for material on selected topics
- Ensuring timeous returns of material to the library
- Process data from information systems by:
- Manipulating data electronically for relevant Manager
- Creating appropriate reports for Section
- Highlighting exceptional activities
- Capturing data into Information Systems
- Verifying data on Information Systems
- Uploading and downloading of information
If you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Note that the appointment of the candidate is at Eskom's sole discretion, taking into account factors that Eskom considers relevant including but not limited to Eskom's employment equity policy. Eskom supports a smoke-free environment
APPLY Now At Eskom site
In : Admin Jobs
Tags: "eskom senior clerk general administration" "senior clerk general administration"